Friday, June 10, 2011

E is for Egg (Egg Salad Sandwhiches!)

We had a picnic today and decided to make egg salad sandwiches! Here is how we make ours!

What you need:
4 eggs
4 celery stalks
1/2 red pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup mayo
6 slices of bread 

1. Take out 4-6 eggs (depending on how many people are eating).
IMG_6224
2. Add cold water to a pot. Once it starts to boil turn on the timer for 7 minutes. Once the time is up, remove from heat and add cold water the the pot until the hot water is replaced with the cold water. Let eggs sit for 5 minutes and then peel and cut up into small pieces.
IMG_6222

3. While the eggs are boiling cut up  red peppers and puree.
IMG_6225

4. Mix eggs, chopped green onions, chopped celery and red pepper puree together in a bowl.
IMG_6223IMG_6227

5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
IMG_6228

6. Take 6 slices of bread.
IMG_6229

7. Add Mayo to the bread and a bit to the egg mixture. (For a healthier version add plain yogurt.)
IMG_6232IMG_6234

8. Apply spread to bread and enjoy!!
IMG_6239
              Once the food was ready, the boys and I headed outside to enjoy the beautiful day. Picnics are always full of fun!

Here the boys are looking for animals that begin with the letter “E”. Eagle, earthworm, elk….. My youngest say a bird and told me it was an Eagle!
IMG_6248

E is for eating of course!!
IMG_6241
My oldest gave me a beautiful flower and told me it started with E. I asked him what he meant and he told me that I would be “smiling from ear to ear.” E is for ear!
IMG_6252  
E is for the day we had…excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment