Saturday, February 5, 2011

Race Track Birthday Cake!

My youngest just turned three!! Wow! I have no idea where the time went! He is just in love with cars, so what better way to celebrate that with a race track birthday cake!
First I started with two circle cakes.
 IMG_4550    
Then I frosted both with white icing.
IMG_4552
The next step is to put two round bowels in the middle of the two circles and top the cake with crushed oreo cookies or chocolate chips etc.
IMG_4553
Next you cover the rest of the cake with green sprinkles….but be sure to do it quickly as the icing dries fast!! Then add in your race track with white frosting.
IMG_4554
Next you add in your cars and flags. (I used toothpicks and ribbon that I purchased at Michaels) My youngest got to choose the cars he wanted from the store! Be sure to wash the cars first!! I also put them on wax paper.
IMG_4558
Now enjoy the part!!
IMG_4563

No comments:

Post a Comment