Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Work Box System

We LOVE our workbox system. Both my boys wake up with eager anticipation of what their workboxes hold each day. Each one is 10-15 minutes in time frame. My oldest knows he has to work through them in order and until my youngest understand number order, he can pick whatever he wants (with a little guidance!) Each day the boys have 10 workboxes to work through and they do have a reward at the end! (Reward for their hard work!) They can watch cartoons, play computer games or video games after rest time. Here is what we do on a typical day!
IMG_4372This cart is my absolute favorite! http://www.amazon.com/Drawer-Chrome-Rolling-Storage-Organizer/dp/B0007OC1FQ
IMG_4383 Each child has their own work list.

IMG_4370 My oldest son’s first box this day was his calendar. We usually do this as a group activity, however I chose to put it in his work box today!


 IMG_4373   IMG_4374 IMG_4375IMG_4376IMG_4377 IMG_4378 IMG_4379 IMG_4380  IMG_4381

#2: We are using Saxon Math! I love how hands on it is! My oldest is five and he is already in grade one math!!  http://saxonpublishers.hmhco.com

#3: We use Sing Spell Read and Write. Both of my boys love the games that go along with the learning! Even my two year old enjoys the phonics games and songs!!! http://www.pearsonschool.com
#4: My youngest is learning about the letter M this week, so I filled my oldest son’s work box with M and M’s to graph!
#5: My son has to read a story that goes along SSRW curriculum.
#6 Again another math sheet!
#7 My boys are in gymnastic and they had a coloring competition!
#8: Here is their memory verse of the week. www.confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com
#9 Here is a card game both of my boys LOVE that goes along with their SSRW curriculum!
#10 It was cold out today, so we decided to snuggle up on the couch and read a book with some hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment