Thursday, November 10, 2011

C is for Caps For Sale


We have finished our study of the book Caps For Sale. I remember reading this book when I was little and loved it!! We balanced caps on our head, made banana treats, completed a lapbook and we had fun ”monkeying” around!!
Here is our lapbook.! When I make lapbooks I usually combine my youngest child’s work (age 3) with my oldest child’s work. They enjoy each of their own sections and love putting the book together with each other since they work on them together during the day/week.
The resources are from www.homeschoolshare.com

image 
IMG_7719IMG_7717IMG_7718
For this page I stapled the ziplock bag directly onto it in order to keep the small playing pieces together.
IMG_7716IMG_7715

My youngest had to count the number of hats, we talked about the value of fifty cents and made monkeys!!
IMG_7721IMG_7708IMG_7720
My oldest did a whole week long study on the book. I took all his pages of work and staples them together!
IMG_7709IMG_7714IMG_7712
This was the fun part! I cut a part sentences from the story and my oldest had to make a cap for each sentence and then put them in the correct order to summarize the story. He loved this one!

IMG_7711
And we tried balancing 16 caps on our heads!! This was so much fun!! We are not sure how the peddler did this in the story!
 IMG_7702 IMG_7704           

We also decided to make “monkey pops!” We put bananas on a stick, stuck them in the freezer for a couple hours.We dipped them in chocolate that I put in the double boiler. Next the kids added sprinkles to them.

IMG_7601IMG_7603
IMG_7609IMG_7605

IMG_7617IMG_7604IMG_7607

Their final creation!!
IMG_7610IMG_7611


        

No comments:

Post a Comment